ОБУЧЕНИЕ

ТАНЕЦ  ЖИВОТА

ТАНЦОВЩИЦЫ

КОСТЮМЫ

ССЫЛКИ

ФОРУМ

ФОРУМ ТАНЦА ЖИВОТА
Катя Эшта (Россия - Египет)
На страницу 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  След.

страница:  из 35 
Новая тема   Ответ    Список форумов www.beledi.ru -> Мастера и легенды Египта
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 17.10.2005 05:14:49 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Катя Эшта (Россия - Египет)

Катя Эшта

Редактировалось: 28.8.2006 17:16:12
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 17.10.2005 05:19:59 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Интервью с Катей:
http://www.discoverbellydance.com/Vol_8_No_2.htm

INTERVIEW WITH KATIA
by Farhana (Pleasant Gehman)

Katia is one of the top Oriental Dance stars in Egypt today. Her incredible movements, musicality and range of emotions have captivated audiences throughout the Middle East as well as at all of Cairo's five-star venues, including the Nile Hilton, Siag Pyramids Hotel, The Sheraton, and Hotel Mena House. Her dazzling show includes traditional cabaret style Oriental dance, folklore like the Alexandrian "Bint Bahar" ("Daughter Of The Sea") and Saidi assaya, Katia's specialty. She employs her own sixteen-piece band, four male dancers, and three singers, including the renowned folk singer Gamelet Shiha.

Born in Moscow, Katia's story isn't typical of the current "invasion" of Russian dancers in Cairo. Trained extensively from the age of six in classical ballet and academic character dance, Katia's Oriental technique is impeccable, but her strong dance background also allows for high kicks, Arabesques, and deep backbends. Unlike many of her contemporaries, Katia's style is straightforward Egyptian, with supremely slow undulations and intricate hip-work, and no visible jazz or Western influences.

©André Elbing

Her story starts when she was on tour in the Middle East with Moscow's Moisiev Ballet Company in 1991, and was spotted performing in Cairo by an impresario who thought she had what it would take to become an Oriental dancer, including star quality. She then immersed herself in Egyptian culture and trained extensively with the top Egyptian dancers and choreographers, including Ibrahim Akef and Raqia Hassan, with whom she toured the States with in 1997. The rest, as they say, is history.

This past spring, Katia produced her own CD of original music composed just for her by Ahmad Abdel Fattah, called "Amar El Laily." She also produced a companion video, shot at Cairo's prestigious Pyramisa Hotel, which incorporates both performance and teaching segments. Katia has just completed a West Coast tour (along with Swedish dancer Semasem, who lives in Cairo as well) sponsored by Turquoise International. The itinerary included teaching workshops and private lessons, as well as numerous performances, including an AATV (Arab-American television) concert at The Hollywood Palladium with Lebanese stars Ragheb Alameh and Hani Shaker, and a well-received show at The International Conference Of Oriental Dance, held in May in Costa Mesa, California.

Currently, Katia is appearing regularly at Hotel Pyramisa and on the Marriott's floating nightclub, The Nile Maxim. She is working on a new CD and planning another US tour for early in 2002. We caught up with her when she was in Los Angeles.

DISCOVER BELLY DANCE: You've been dancing in Cairo for ten years now- how exactly did you go about beginning to work as an Oriental dancer?

KATIA: Fouad Sherbini, who is an agent and impresario, approached me. He saw me dancing ballet, and afterwards came up to me and said he thought I had the talent and charisma to become a top Oriental dancer. At this point, I didn't know anything about Oriental dance ­ I had seen it once or twice in Cairo and thought it was beautiful but I as only twenty-one, so I figured, why not?

He brought me to Madame Raqia, who put on some Egyptian music and said, "Please dance!"

I had no idea of this music, no technique, nothing-what a way to audition! But I danced around and she said she would take me as a student. Fouad offered to pay for my lessons, with the provision that I would re-pay him when I start to work, but I said I must pay this myself, so I can really feel as though I am earning it, I must do this for myself. I left my company to stay in Egypt.

For six months I trained with Raqia, two hours a day, every day. Then, I would go home and practice, dance some more. I got costumes, hired musicians. Then I auditioned for my first job (at Siag Pyramids Hotel), I made my license, and began to work.

DBD: How did you feel at first?

KATIA: I was nervous! I wasn't sure if I had enough of a sense for the music; the audiences in Cairo expects the emotions to be evoked by the dancer- all the feelings. Then, my Arabic was not so good yet; I felt I needed more comprehension of the lyrics I was dancing to. But even the first night, I went onstage anxious and questioning the people, and myself liked me, it gave me confidence.

DBD: What about being a foreign dancer in Egypt- tell us your experience of that.

©André Elbing

KATIA: Foreigners come here to learn and to get experience. There are people who say that a foreigner cannot dance like an Egyptian. To an extent, I agree with that- the music is in their blood! I would drive around Cairo, see little girls dancing in the street stop my car and say, " Dance for me your best dance, and I will give you five pounds"- I watch them and learn from them, in addition to my regular training. Some people say non- Egyptians come to Cairo to dance just for the money, but that isn't true. To make a good show, it is very expensive- your lessons, your costumes, make-up, hiring singers and musicians- all necessary expenses. You must have good musicians. Of course there are students who step off an airplane and can get work immediately- they will be hired because they are pretty or some club they need a girl but they will never get much farther than that. There are many dancers performing who are not artists. There are a lot of foreign dancers working, but it is not true the things you hear about no more Egyptian dancers working in Egypt. I know from the Union of Artists that over one hundred Egyptian women made their dance license last year.

DBD: How has the whole scene changed during the years you've been in Egypt?

KATIA: The younger generation, the people who are going to clubs, they are not really so interested in Oriental dance, only older people. Younger people want a disco, or an international show. There are not as many huge Egyptian stars as there used to be, many have retired, and also because the demand has gone down. Many dancers turn into actresses on film or television. Some, like Aida Noor, have retired but now make costumes. Some of it is financial- the cost of the presentation ­ not just for the dancer, but for the nightclubs. Many five star nightclubs are only half-full some nights mn Lucy, Dina, Fifi Abdou, they all still perform but it used to be five or six nights, now it is only one or two nights a week.

DBD: Who are some dances who have inspired or influenced you?

KATIA: From the past, I love old dancers like Samia Gamal and Tahia Carioca.

DBD: What do you think is most important for dancers to know about Oriental dance?

KATIA: The feeling. You must feel the music. You can take classes with Raqia, with Dina, with Nagwa Fouad, study every move, and when you perform the dance, it will not look the same because she can teach you the movements, but not the feeling she has. It cannot be learned. Every dancer brings to the music her own feeling. There are many good dancers in America, many good teachers but lots of it is not Oriental. Many dancers concentrate on choreography, and putting as many steps in as possible. Why must you always have choreography? What happens if you are working at a party and they ask you to do one song you do not know, do you say no? You must have feeling for this music, to anticipate changes in the music; you could hear any song and know what's going to happen. Listen to the music. If you are truly interested in Oriental dance, you must come to Egypt!
Wardah
восточная чаровница

Сообщение 17.10.2005 13:42:20 Профиль Письмо Цитата

А видео ее случайно нет?
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 25.10.2005 10:16:27 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Про видео можно узнать на личном сайте Кати.

Сайт Кати: http://www.katiaofcairo.com

Вложенное изображение
Нажмите для увеличения (321 X 509, 22 KB)
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 27.10.2005 13:36:40 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Интервью с Катей Эшта:
http://www.beledi.ru/koncert/interview_Katia_24_10_05.htm

Очень советую прочитать это интервью до самого конца - в конце описаны характерные особенности исполнения египетского стиля Oriental Belly Dance.
Andaluzya
Андалузская красавица

Сообщение 28.10.2005 00:09:42 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Василиса Прекрасная

Очень советую прочитать это интервью до самого конца - в конце описаны характерные особенности исполнения египетского стиля Oriental Belly Dance.

Василис, ты права, в конце сказаны вещи, новые и полезные для многих!
Максим
-

Сообщение 28.10.2005 15:09:40 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Катя – замечательная танцовщица, у неё такие потрясающие наряды, и вся она «дышит счастьем». Своими словами я это сказать не могу, приведу отрывок из рассказа Набокова «Рождество», про то как в зимнем питербурге, в квартире вылупилась тропическая бабочка:

И крылья еще слабые, еще влажные все продолжали расти, расправляться,
вот развернулись до предела, положенного им Богом, и на стене
уже была вместо комочка, вместо черной мыши, громадная
ночная бабочка, индийский шелкопряд, что летает, как птица, в
сумраке, вокруг фонарей Бомбея.
И тогда простертые крылья, загнутые на концах,
темно-бархатные, с четырьмя слюдяными оконцами, вздохнули в
порыве нежного, восхитительного, почти человеческого счастья.

А может быть это египетский стиль такой «счастливый»?
Daniella
Авторитетная личность

Сообщение 28.10.2005 16:00:51 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Максим

Катя – замечательная танцовщица,

Ты ее видел в "натуре"?
Wardah
восточная чаровница

Сообщение 29.10.2005 00:08:18 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Daniella, а вам она не нравится?
Яннка
Новичок

Сообщение 29.10.2005 01:47:26 Профиль Письмо Цитата

подозрительно Можно я отвечу?
Видела её танец, на всем известном мероприятии............мне НЕ НРАВИЦЦА нет Даже не то, что не нравицца.........как-то никак....совсем никак сплетни
Christina
Участник

Сообщение 31.10.2005 12:30:20 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Со всем уважением к Кате, но мне тоже не понравилось ее выступление... никак.... Девочки конкурсантки выступили наааааааааааааамного лучше и интереснее! роза
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 23.1.2006 12:20:49 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Катя Эшта

Кадры из видеоклипа на песню "ШУУ", который сейчас идет по телевидению Каира, а также по муз. каналам в ОАЭ, Ливане, Сирии.

Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 23.1.2006 12:21:47 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Катя Эшта

Кадры из видеоклипа на песню "ШУУ"

Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 23.1.2006 12:22:21 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Катя Эшта

Кадры из видеоклипа на песню "ШУУ"

Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 23.1.2006 12:23:09 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Катя Эшта

Кадр из видеоклипа на песню "ШУУ"

aisha_ange dubai
Легенда танца
Легенда танца

Сообщение 25.1.2006 23:04:07 Профиль Письмо Цитата

роза Василиса,спасибо вам большое за Катины фото,я даже не знала что она снялась в видеоклипе,она наша ближайшая подружка,спасибо вам еше раз,вы умница роза роза роза
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 25.1.2006 23:30:40 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Ссылка на Катин видеоклип: www.melodyhits.tv
Называется "katia shoooo"
Василиса Прекрасная
From Russia With Love
From Russia With Love

Сообщение 25.5.2006 23:57:36 Профиль Письмо Цитата

Видео Кати Эшта

Видео Кати Эшта

Видеоклип "Katia shoooo" 12,3 Мб

Стоп-кадры:

Mar
Участник

Сообщение 26.5.2006 16:23:05 Профиль Письмо Цитата

После просмотра этого клипа могу только глубокомысленно протянуть:"М-дааа..."
Тэффи

Сообщение 26.5.2006 16:35:31 Профиль Письмо Цитата

ну это только говорит о том что египтяне и россияне по разному воспринимают катю.К ней по разному можно относиться,но факт остается фактом- она уже 16! лет рабтает в каире с оркестром и на данный момент только она и дина работает в 5 звездах на контракте.Причем не только на данный момент но и уже достаточно давно.О чем это нам говорит?

Данные неверные!
См. тему
"Танцовщицы работающие в Каире в 5-ти звездных отелях"

Вложенное изображение
Нажмите для увеличения (300 X 344, 11 KB)
Новая тема   Ответ    Список форумов www.beledi.ru -> Мастера и легенды Египта Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
На страницу 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  След.
Страница 1 из 35
Эту тему просматривают: 7, из них зарегистрированных: 0, скрытых: 0 и гостей: 7
Зарегистрированные пользователи: Нет

Перейти: